One more entry to my cooking recipe. a vegetable stir fry,
- Kovakka (Ivy Gourd) - 250gm
- Green chili -2
- Garlic Chopped -1
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Curry Leaves -3-4
- Small Onions -3
- Mustard Seeds - 1tsp
- Oil -2 spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Clean and slice as above.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped kovakka , chilli’s, garlic and turmeric powder mix and toss it well.
- Sprinkle 2/3 tsp of water, cover the pan with lid and cook for 6/7 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir fry for another 3/4 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm with roti /rice.
Health benefits of this vegetable include,
- Improved bowel movements of the body due to existence of vitamin A and beta carotene in vegetable.
- Liver enzyme in vegetable controls the blood sugar level in a natural way.
- Development of general structure of body due to increased Vitamin A,C, B1 and B2 in vegetable
- It is used as a medicine to cure asthma, bronchitis,jaundice.
- Ability of detoxification acts ideal in cleaning our blood also.
So choice is your try this dish :)