Monday, May 26, 2014

Herbal Tea

Tea is commonly called as Chai / Masala Chai. Tea is one of my addiction in life, and I need at least 2 cups for my soul to be happy.Tea is the refreshing drink taken in the morning and when tired or stressed out.

I start my day with herbal tea and if I don't drink a cup of tea then for sure my day will be lost with headache. I can bet that most Indians have tea in the morning and most of us use herbs it to make it more healthy.

I am typing this blog post from my flat on May 26th 2014 one of the bank holidays in UK and it is called spring bank holiday. But the weather over here in UK is like Indian monsoon, is raining non stop for past 12 hours now. It is nice to see rain through window but rains pulls out the laziness out of your body.


I personally dont like Dip tea if I am at home and I make Indian Herbal tea. I wonder I have it everyday what took me so long to share this Indian Tea recipe with all of you. The herbal teas consists of simple herbs, which you can grow in your backyard. The aroma and taste of this Indian Herbal tea is awesome do try this.

The kind of herbs one can add in a herbal tea depends upon their medicinal value as some of the herbs like ginger, cloves will produce a lot of heat in the body whereas some herbs like mint, tulsi (holy basil), rose petals are cooling. on a cold climate you can have the tea hot. 

The herbs which I used for my herbal tea :

1. Ginger (sliced/grated)
2. Two  cardamom
3. Cinnamon powder (sometimes)

If you don't herbs in hand I would suggest  Tesco Finest Fragrant and Spicy  Tea it has same same effect. Try out local brands of spicy tea.

If you add Ginger to your tea it relieves nausea, combats motion sickness, inflammation, helps digestive processes, limits flatulence and minimizes symptoms of common cold, allergies and other respiratory conditions.

Tips:

  • Do not remove the peel of cardamoms as they impart good flavor and have lots of medicinal values.
  • Never add cold milk and then heat the tea it spoils the taste of tea.
  • Correct practice is adding milk to tea not tea to milk this way the amount milk can be regulated without spoiling the taste of tea.
  • To get the complete flavor of herbs and spices boil the water for at least 5 min.
  • Lastly don’t forget to add some love while making this tea.



There are many other varieties of herbal teas hope below pic helps you to try out the different herbal teas.



No comments: